Sunday 17 February 2013

Time

Where does it go? Time that is. I can't believe it's nearly three weeks since I last posted.
Well what have I been up to? In all honesty I'm not sure, I seem to have been busy but not done that much if that makes sense?

As posted in my last visit I had to go to Yorkshire and to Yorkshire I went. How come you never have a bloody camera when you need one? You may recall the time my visit was due it had forecast snow and boy did it put some down followed by some very hard frosts.
As I turned off the A1M and split off the Selby road, I took the road towards Sherburn in Elmet which runs in between fields, and there, just as dawn was breaking running across the field was a fox. Its splendid red coat a stark contrast to the ploughed but hard, sparkling white field. A sight and photo opportunity I will probably never get again. The following Sunday I was out on my scooter with the dog and family and it happened again only this time I had my camera with me, unfortunately I also had Lucy aka gob almighty with me - two robins on a branch singing away not 20 yards in front of me.
I just managed to get them in focus in the view finder and Lucy comes along singing along to some crap that she had on her I-pod. Now as anyone may know Lucy is not quiet at the best of times, but now she was oblivious as to what was going on around her as she sang along at the top of her voice. She can whisper over three fields -Wakefield - Huddersfield and Sheffield. She never shuts up, the birds shot off and once again I was left feeling slightly miffed at the missed opportunity.



The gout oh the gout
To put it mildly this bastard has had me on the edge this time. one ankle and two feet at the same time and as soon as that cleared the forefinger and thumb on the left hand and then within six hours exactly the same on the right hand.
I got to the point where I was seriously considering packing in work full stop. For a few days it was a case of waking up at half six, struggling to get dressed, you all need to try buttoning a shirt up then putting a tie on without the use of the first two digits, trust me its not easy. A cup of coffee to try and have a boost and then to work, by 3PM most days I had lost all concentration due to the pain and lack of sleep, for just over a week I averaged between two and three hours a night and take it from me after a couple of nights like that it soon starts to catch up with you.
I started to follow a guy in the states, Bert Middleton aka The Gout Killer. Bert was a gout sufferer for 13 years and had three lots of surgery for Tophi, which is product which is basically crystallised uric acid in the joints or on ligaments, and its this that causes the pain. Through sheer will and determination and countless hours of research he has managed to keep his gout at bay and is now letting people know how to do it without pumping yourself full of drugs. Its all about diet and neutralising the acid within your body.

Well I have now been doing this for two weeks exactly and touch wood (I know I am going to regret saying this) it seems to be easing.
I have had no soft drinks for two weeks and I used t drink lemonade at home by the gallon. I now only have two caffeinated drinks a day, one in a morning when I get up and a second when I come home from work. I drink water and fruit juice now whilst at work, my bag that I take to work is now bursting with fresh fruit and I now snack on celery and cherries as these help to neutralise the acid. If I do feel a twinge a drink a glass of water with the juice of 1 lemon on the hour, every hour for four hours. Strangely when lemon juice although acidic enters your body it becomes alkaline. I haven't had alcohol since new years day which although I wasn't a big drinker must be helping.
I will keep on this regime and let you know how it goes.

Until next time.

Pete



No comments:

Post a Comment